You’ve probably been asking yourself why your amazing website is ranking lower than your competitors. You’ve spent hundreds, if not thousands of pounds on developing an amazing website, but it’s not doing your business any good – yet.
With websites, it’s very difficult to understand why. There could be multiple reasons, many of which are not obvious to the naked eye.
Google Algorithms constantly change, so you never truly know why. The algorithms are often kept very secret, even Google staff probably don’t know what they are!
We’ve created some general tips below that every business should consider to improve their website presence. it’s also worth noting that with Search Engine Optimisation, there are never guarantees. Always speak to an expert and make sure you are not speaking to a bogus SEO expert that promises to improve your search rankings. There are plenty out there that promise things that aren’t true and cause more long-term. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
Top Tips to improve your website presence and ranking
- Always update your blog
- Share your blog content on your social media platforms
- Write articles that people will find interesting
- Don’t spam, simple is better
- Be a credible source of information
- Don’t change your website constantly
- Make use of page descriptions
- Improve the useability and functionality of your website for your audience
- Make your website mobile optimised
- Use Analytics to understand your website and importantly your audience
- Don’t forget to focus on your offline marketing presence… don’t forget to network with businesses!
If you would like an expert digital marketing agency such as ourselves at Media Ray to audit your website for it’s Search Engine Optimisation, go ahead and contact us.
Our marketing solutions and services are completely tailored around your business and its objectives.